This homestead which is called " Butler Hill " and consists of 124 acres lies at the confluence of the Ohio and Kentucky Rivers. The view from the front of the house overlooks the beautiful Kentucky River valley. The original house was a two-story log cabin built in 1790 by General Percival Pierce Butler and his wife Mildred Hawkins Butler. They raised five sons and five daughters on this farm and all are buried in the family graveyard which is just a short walk down the hill from the house.
In 1859 , Percival's son, Thomas Langford Butler replaced the log cabin with this brick home shown in this photo. The homestead remained in the Butler family for many generations and in 1931 became a state historic park and the house is open to the public.